At the last Council meeting held on 9th February 2021, the Councillor officially accepted the resignation of Mr Dan Foote.
The Council would like to thank Mr Foote for his service
1. NOTTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN pursuant to Section 87(2) of the Local Government Act 1972 that Daniel Foote has ceased to be a member of Landrake with St Erney Parish Council and that a casual vacancy exists on the Council
2. If, within 14 days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Good Friday and Bank Holidays) after the date of this Notice, a request for an election to fill the said vacancy is made in writing to the Returning Officer of Cornwall Council at 3S, County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro TR1 3AY (phone 01209 614373) by TEN (or more) electors for the said Parish an election will be held to fill the vacancy.
3. If the Returning Officer receives fewer than ten written requests for an election by 1st December 2020 the Parish Council will fill the vacancy by co-option.
4. As a result of the Local Government and Police and Crime Commissioner (Coronavirus) (Postponement of Elections and Referendums) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 and the Coronavirus Act 2020 should an election be requested, a poll cannot currently take place until 6 May 2021 (the date of the next ordinary elections) the vacancy will therefore be kept open and the Parish Council will be unable to fill the vacancy.
As we are close to the elections anyone interested in the vacancy is asked to contact Landrake Parish Clerk by email.
email@example.com. If you are applying for co-option you will be asked to fill in an
Criteria for being a Parish Councillor:
A candidate for a Parish or Town Council is qualified if:
- he or she is a British citizen, Commonwealth citizen, citizen of the Irish Republic or a citizen of another European Union State.
- has attained 18 years of age, and
- is either:
- in the register of electors for that Parish/Town or has during the whole of the preceding twelve months
- occupied land as owner or tenant
- had a principal place of work there
- resided in or within 4.8 kilometres of it.
Disqualifications for becoming a Parish Councillor:
- Are you the subject of a bankruptcy restrictions order or interim order?
- Have you within the last five years been convicted of an offence in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man which resulted in a sentence of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) for a period of three months or more without the option of a fine?
- Are you disqualified by order of a court from being a member of a local authority?
This year there will be Local Council Parish and Town Council elections taking place.
A list of nominees will be provided by Cornwall Council. This list will be published on the Parish Council website.
For further information please see Cornwall Council's website
DATED this 21st day of February 2021
21st February 2021