Police and Crime Commissioners ElectionsNotice of elections 6th May 2021
22nd March 2021
22nd March 2021
21st March 2021
21st March 2021
At the last Council meeting held on 9th February 2021, the Councillor officially accepted the resignation of Mr Dan Foote.
The Council would like to thank Mr Foote for his service
1. NOTTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN pursuant to Section 87(2) of the Local Government Act 1972 that Daniel Foote has ceased to be a member of Landrake with St Erney Parish Council and that a casual vacancy exists on the Council
2. If, within 14 days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Good Friday and Bank Holidays) after the date of this Notice, a request for an election to fill the said vacancy is made in writing to the Returning Officer of Cornwall Council at 3S, County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro TR1 3AY (phone 01209 614373) by TEN (or more) electors for the said Parish an election will be held to fill the vacancy.
3. If the Returning Officer receives fewer than ten written requests for an election by 1st December 2020 the Parish Council will fill the vacancy by co-option.
4. As a result of the Local Government and Police and Crime Commissioner (Coronavirus) (Postponement of Elections and Referendums) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 and the Coronavirus Act 2020 should an election be requested, a poll cannot currently take place until 6 May 2021 (the date of the next ordinary elections) the vacancy will therefore be kept open and the Parish Council will be unable to fill the vacancy.
As we are close to the elections anyone interested in the vacancy is asked to contact Landrake Parish Clerk by email.
firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are applying for co-option you will be asked to fill in an
Criteria for being a Parish Councillor:
A candidate for a Parish or Town Council is qualified if:
- in the register of electors for that Parish/Town or has during the whole of the preceding twelve months
- occupied land as owner or tenant
- had a principal place of work there
- resided in or within 4.8 kilometres of it.
Disqualifications for becoming a Parish Councillor:
This year there will be Local Council Parish and Town Council elections taking place.
A list of nominees will be provided by Cornwall Council. This list will be published on the Parish Council website.
For further information please see Cornwall Council's website
DATED this 21st day of February 2021
21st February 2021
Landrake with St Erney Parish Council is hosting a cyber awareness session on Tuesday 23rd February 2021 19:00hrs – 20:00hrs. This awareness session will be delivered by Grahame Mace and Laura Cowie, Cyber Protect Officers at Devon and Cornwall Police.
Grahame Mace brings a vast range of knowledge with him from his previous post as Detective Inspector in the City of London Police. Grahame has many years of experience investigating and dealing with fraud and cyber-crime, at both Local and National level.
Laura Cowie has been in the Cyber Protect role since January 2017 after moving from her previous post within the South West Counter Terrorism Unit. She is a strong advocate of raising awareness of the growing threat of cyber-crime and uses her knowledge and skills to provide up to date advice and guidance.
The session will be covering the following topics:
What is Cyber Crime?
Phishing attacks, how to spot them?
Internet of things/home networks and virtual working.
Social Media, keeping your profile private.
Data breaches, what happens to your data, should I be worried?
Password Security and what makes a good password.
How to report and who to?
The items may change slightly if there is an increase in an area of cyber criminality that is affecting our community. We also aim to have some time at the end of the session for your questions.
For information on joining Zoom meetings please click on this link: ://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-meeting
Time: Feb 23, 2021 07:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 825 5247 2089
One tap mobile
+442030512874,,82552472089#,,,,*262687# United Kingdom
+442034815237,,82552472089#,,,,*262687# United Kingdom
Dial by your location
+44 203 051 2874 United Kingdom
If you are dialling in do you do not wish your number in the Zoom meeting please dial 141 first - (i.e. 141 203 051 2874)
20th February 2021